Sunday, January 2, 2011

Getting Started

I have a goal for 2011.  Simple statement but the reality is that my resolutions/goals generally last about 3 days at the most.  So as it is January 2, I am already about to the end of the time I generally focus on my goals.  In reality I have more than 1 goal for the year (notice the use of the term goal instead of resolution - I think it sounds more positive and reaffirming).  These goals are as follows:
1.  Live a healthier lifestyle.
     - This means eat healthier and actually eat fruits and vegetables daily.
     - This also means to exercise at least 3 hours a week.
2. Create daily.
the motivation I want to create something everyday.  I have to admit I read Julie & Julia right before the end of 2010    and that inspired me to do something in a year.  Then I found "365 A Daily Creative Journal"  by Noah Scalin and I knew what it was I wanted to do.  I do not commit to crafting what he says everyday - some days I may be moved to do something different than he directs, but I am using it as a guide for the days I am not.   

No comments:

Post a Comment