Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 3 - Make Something Out of Paper

Day 3 - Make something out of paper, but don't use scissors or glue or draw on it..  What now?  (And no, you don't have to know origami to do this.)
Ok - first off you must know that I cheated on this assignment.  I only had a half hour last night to complete it amongst the business of the day and I used scissors - I cut out two squares and an additional 4 cuts.  Realistically, I could have still made this item without scissors - tearing would have worked.  I just was tired and didn't want to fail on day 3.  Besides  when you read the introduction is says to make what you are inspired to make even if its not the directive (ok - paraphrasing there but you get the idea).

So anyway - Here is what I made...
day 3
Yes, I was still inspired by the first assignment to make something that fits in the palm of the hand.  So I made a teeny tiny paper box to hold I have no idea what.  Actually - it just holds a quarter...
day 3
And the bottom is cute too...
day 3
I made it out of part of a 2007 Calendar.  Why do I still have a 2007 calendar you ask - well I must admit I am a bit of a hoarder and it was a gift from my youngest brother.  Its pretty cute and I have never found the perfect use for it and this motivated me to use it.

Also - please know that I am so not doing today's assignment.  I am not taking a five minute walk outside - its cold and yucky and the assignment is to walk and create outside.  I am skipping to day 21 - its more appropriate for the weather!

ps.  Its been years since I made a paper box so I got guidance from http://www.allfreecrafts.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment