Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 7- One Week Down!

Day 7:  One week down!  See how fast it goes?  Today, make a stenciled them l and use it in your work.

I read this and immediately thought about what I made my brother for Christmas.  I had made stencils of mustaches and etched them onto beer glasses.  They ended up pretty cool.
day 7
Except this time, I wanted to do it in reverse.  So again, I didn't really follow the directions, I didn't use a stencil but rather did a relief.  I started with a simple glass plate...
day 7
I then used stickers and contact paper to make a design on the plate.  I originally wanted to do this on a candle (and did) but you can't see it on the glass.  I think it will be seen after I burn it down a bit but it sure looked like a failure in pictures.  So the plate looked kind of goofy before I etched it...
day 7
but when it was done, I think it turned out pretty well...
day 7
But what use is there for a glass plate with spots?  Well this...
day 7

I had fun with today's assignment - I really enjoy playing with the etching of glass. So maybe this will be a recurring theme as well as the yarn...I guess I will just have to wait and see how moved I feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment