Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 1 - Create Something That will Fit in the Palm of Your Hand

Day 1 - The first step is the hardest, so start small today and make something that fits in the palm of your hand using only the materials in your immediate environment.

This seems silly and simple.  I have just gotten back home from being away for the holiday.  I made Christmas presents for my family and as a joke made felt animals for stocking stuffers.  I had the bag of supplies still in the living room and my jewelry making supplies are there as well.  So the quick and easy fit in the palm of my hand craft is a purple butterfly key chain.  My mom has lupus.  The disease is represented by a purple butterfly - and tomorrow mom has one of her chemo treatments for the disease.  So I was motivated to create a purple butterfly key chain.  I'll send it home for her next time I see the post office (which had better be Monday since I have New Year's Cards to send - I missed the deadline for Christmas Cards!).

Day 1 - Something that fits in your palm
Its just felt, floss, stuffing and a key ring.  Not a very auspicious start to the year but its a start and I am sticking to it.  I figure easy is the way to start the year and perhaps the crafts will become more intricate - or I will be more involved.  All I know is that this got day one done!

No comments:

Post a Comment