Sunday, January 9, 2011

Day 8 - Transform an old book

Day 8 - Transform an old book into something new by cutting, folding, gluing, and so on.

So far in this process I have learned that I do not follow directions well.  I was not transforming an old book for 2 reasons: 1.  I love every old book I have in my house and 2. I tried to make a book safe for my brother at Christmas and destroyed 2 books without any usable product.  So I decided to use an old book...
day 8
(a 21st birthday gift from an old college friend).  One that I do not read regularly and that I could remove part of and not destroy the whole book.  When I read this direction set it made me think of one of my favorite artists Kelly Rae Roberts - I don't think she destroys books but she uses words in her mixed media.  So I painted...
day 8

(Check out Butt sitting below the work area!  He very seldom leaves my side when we are both in the house - he is curled up beside me right now!)
day 8
And this is what I created.  A 6x6 acrylic painting that uses a quote from Samuel Taylor Coleridge that was cut from that little book.
day 8
(the yellow mustache is supposed to be two yellow birds - you know - friends sheltered by the tree...)  I must admit this took more than 1 day.  I have to work on my timeliness!  So now I have to work on today's craft - so I am off.  Oh and just a side note - I am not following directions today as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment