Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 5 - What do you collect?

Day 5:  What do you collect?  Work with a collection of objects you have in your home (or borrow a friend's if you like).

I have a few collections...buttons, beads, porcelain dolls, glass men, art prints...a lot of collections actually.  But I have a collection that I don't really share with others - its my guilty pleasure.  Its...
day 5
Yarn. (I have bags of this stuff!)
Yep - Yarn.  I know - that just sounds like craft supplies, but as I only know 3 crochet stitches I can't really justify the amount of yarn I have.  I just love walking through the isles of the store and feeling the skeins of yarn and if its on sale - well I want it for home.  It may be more of a shopping compulsion than a collection!

So - I chose to be inspired by this collection, and wine - I love wine.  So I had an empty bottle (thank you Rio Seco) and a bunch of yarn.  I chain stitched the yarn....in one really long chain that used almost a skein of this really soft and fuzzy discount bin yarn. 
day 5
This is the project in progress....with Butt observing from my lap.  He loves when I play with yarn because then he plays with yarn.
day 6
When I finally finished this "simple" project 3 hours later (I crochet a chain stitch really, really slowly), I thought it was cool.  I am not sure it serves an purpose other than pretty, but really you do need pretty in every day of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment