Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 6 - Look in Your Kitchen

Day 6 - Look in the kitchen and work with the first fruit or vegetable you spot.  It could be in the form of juice, jam or even canned.

My second resolution is to be healthy - including eating better.  So on New Year's Eve I went grocery shopping and bought lots of fruits and vegetables, including apples.  Apples which are so good for you - the whole doctor away thing - but that I really don't like.  So I have been carrying the same apple back and forth to work for lunch everyday this week and not eating it.  My lunchbag was the first thing I saw when I walked into my kitchen (if you can call that little space of real estate a kitchen!) 

So an apple it is.  I must admit that I knew I was going to work with an apple all day.  I had been thinking about this assignment since I cheated and read ahead the day before and had a plan.  I was going to take an apple and cut the side to make a flat surface, soak that in lemon juice and then carve an A into the side and let it sit till the carved part turned brown.  I had put a lot of thought into this craft.  Then I read a post at the TinyBudda that quoted Osho as saying
“Don’t seek, don’t search, don’t ask, don’t knock, don’t demand – relax. If you relax, it comes. If you relax, it is there. If you relax, you start vibrating with it.”

So I decided that even if I saw an apple first I had to be moved and in the moment decided what to do so I decided that if I wanted to motivate myself to eat an apple I needed to make the apple more attractive...and walla.
day 6
Yep its an apple cozy.  A pretty soft purple wrapper that will keep the apple safe from bruises in its many trips back and forth to the office till the day I am finally hungry enough to eat it or the day that I decide its just old and gross. 
day 6
I feel like a bit of a liar.  Yesterday I shared that I don't really know how to crochet and then I did it today.  I know 3 stitches - a chain, a single and a double - and I cannot follow a pattern for the life of me.  So what you see is a rectangle (sort of) that was made using the 3 stitches I know and just made to fit this apple.  I grabbed two buttons (from the button collection I mentioned yesterday) and sewed them on to hold the cozy in place. 

I feel motivated to challenge myself to use yarn in one project a week - perhaps I can make that collection functional instead of just soft and pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment